Yule Log Take 3

This year I decided to make another attempt at a Yule Log.  I used the same chocolate cake recipe I used last year, but I filled it with a cranberry-raspberry mascarpone filling and topped with chocolate buttercream.  I again had issues with the cracking as I rolled the filled log, and it actually split in half, though that was okay because I was going to cut it into two pieces anyway.  I think next year I will try a different cake recipe


Cranberry Mascarpone Filling
1 Cup Heavy Cream
3 T granulated sugar
1 container of Mascarpone
1 container of raspberries, chopped
1/2 can of whole berry cranberry sauce

1.  Puree the cranberry sauce.
2.  Whip the heavy cream with sugar until thickened.
3.  Add the Mascarpone to the whip cream and continue to whip until medium peaks form.
4.  Add raspberries and cranberry sauce and whip for another 2-3 seconds.  Continue to mix by hand with a rubber spatula until it looks mixed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers