Peanut Butter Pretzel Cake - #TheCakeSliceBakers


A new year brings a new book for baking cakes with the Cake Slice Bakers.  This year we are fortunate to be able to back from America's Test Kitchen's latest book - The Perfect Cake (#atkcake).  This book won't be available to purchase until March, but we were allowed to have a sneak peak at a few recipes to kick off 2018.

I picked the Peanut Butter Pretzel cake as my January bake.  When I first heard the title, I was sure there would be some kind of chocolate involved - after all, what would go better with peanut butter and pretzels than chocolate?  When I saw that there wasn't any, I toyed with the idea of adding some.  Then I tasted the batter and realized how wrong I was.  The cake batter has ground pretzels added to it as well as molasses, giving it an almost gingerbread taste.  The cake is topped with a peanut butter frosting that is simply divine.  I had some left over that I intended to use on cupcakes this weekend.  My family beat me to it.  They've been eating the leftover frosting with pretzels for an afternoon snack the last two days.


The cake was a big hit.  My oldest son asked if I would make this one for his birthday.  The sitter wanted to know where I got the recipe as she felt the need to make another for her own family.  And there was much of gnashing of teeth when the last piece was eaten.  The recipe was not over complicated, and I didn't have any problems.


If all the recipes in this book are half as successful, America's Test Kitchen has another go-to book for my bookshelf.



Comments

  1. This cake looks so good! My kids go through my baking books every year for their birthday. I hope this one is picked! I would love to bake it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek the pretzels in the batter sound sooooo enticing! I wanted to bake this one as well and now that I have read several rave reviews from fellow bakers I may have to anyway. I mean I have pretzels and peanut butter in my pantry. I would be tempted to add chocolate as well ;) Great bake and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Kim. I was looking for the chocolate too! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good. I really do need to bake this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, elegant peanut butter pretzel cake...and your crumb looks moist and divine. If these recipes are an example we are going to have a lot of fun baking from the Perfect Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far it sounds like the recipes from the new book are easier than our previous one. This sounds like an all around good cake and it's going on my list to make soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers