Little Tea Shop Cake with Chocolate Pudding Sauce

In honor of The Cake Slice Bakers tenth anniversary, we are baking from a "bonus book" each month - one of the cookbooks used during one of the previous years.  In my family this is cause for much rejoicing as it means at least one extra cake each month!  The January 2019 bonus boos is Great Cakes by  Carole Walter.

I wanted to make something chocolate and also something that I already had the ingredients for in my house.  I chose a recipe called Little Tea Shop Cake with Chocolate Pudding Sauce that was based on a cake the author and her mother used to enjoy from a restaurant in Memphis, TN.  


The cake was really easy to make.  It had a light vanilla taste and was very tender.


But the star of the show was definitely the Chocolate Pudding Sauce.  This stuff was amazing warm or cold.  I had to make a second batch before we finished up the cake because my kids kept dipping their fruit in the leftover sauce.


The cake was airy enough that it absorbed the sauce as I cut in to take a bite.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers