Banana Pudding

A surplus of bananas sent me looking at various banana pudding recipes.  I was looking for a recipe that had the cook creating pudding from eggs and sugar and not a box mixed with cool whip and sour cream. While I really do like that version of banana pudding, I was hoping to increase the types of puddings I can create from scratch.  

There were a plethora of types of recipes for banana pudding.  I finally opted for what was billed in many places as "true Southern-style" banana pudding.  This was a warm pudding, layered with bananas and vanilla wafers and then topped off with meringue that was browned under the broiler.


It was a beautiful dish of pudding, one that would be perfect for potlucks if I could perfect it.  This was definitely a little runny for our tastes.  Whether that was because of a mistake I made while making the pudding, an issue with the recipe I finally decided upon, or the mixture of warm pudding with bananas, I won't know without making more!  Even after it has sat in the refrigerator overnight, it still did not really firm up.  We all agreed that the meringue was definitely the way to go, and since topping the pudding with meringue allowed me to use both parts of the egg, I prefer it.

It was, however, very tasty, and my family looks forward to my continuing experimentation with banana pudding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers