Spiced Sweet Potato Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting

Back in January, the Cake Slice Bakers had this cake as one of their choices.  While I chose the blood red orange cake, I kept this one in the back of my mind as a recipe I definitely wanted to try.  This past Friday turned out to be the ideal day for baking this cake.

The cake itself is a heavily spiced cake topped with frosting made from cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar.  It was easy to put together and tasted amazing.


I had leftover cake for breakfast the next day without a hint of guilt. Sweet potatoes and cream cheese - sounds like a health food to me!  It held up well overnight just covered with plastic wrap, with the last slice being just as moist as the first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers