Pistachio Raspberry Cake

I thought this was my June bake with the Cake Slice Bakers, but I was not paying enough attention to detail and baked the WRONG Pistachio Raspberry cake.  You've got to love a cookbook that has two completely different recipes for pistachio raspberry cakes.

The cake I baked starts with pistachio sponge cake layers.  You then make a pistachio buttercream and use that and macerated, sugar-soaked raspberries in between the layers.



The pistachio sponge cake was lovely.  It rose beautifully and had a nice light taste.  It mixed perfectly with the raspberries. 


The buttercream was a little bland and heavy and didn't quite fit in with the rest of the cake.  Perhaps I've become a bit spoiled by the smoothness of the cooked buttercreams I've used the last few times.  I may need to see how to incorporate nuts into a Swiss or French buttercream and try this again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers