Pane Blanco

September's King Arthur Bakealong was as Pane Blanco - basically a type of savory stuffed bread.  There recipe calls for sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil, but I was not up for a trip to the store that I would have had to go to to find those things, so I used some roasted red peppers that I had in the cupboard. 

The recipe produces a slightly sticky bread dough that you roll out, add filling and then roll in a style similar to that used for making cinnamon rolls.  You then cut through the top layers to expose the filling and form it into a figure eight.



After it's allowed to rise for another hour or so, the interior is exposed more.  I think it would have worked better if I had gone through another layer of dough.


Bake and eat.



Delicious and easily modified to fit a variety of palates and dinner menus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers