Rhubarb Ribbon Cake #CakeSliceBakers

Summertime, summertime. Nothing says summer like fresh fruit. The Cake Slice Bakers continue to bake through The Perfect Cake, and this month, I chose to bake a Rhubarb Ribbon Cake. The recipe uses fresh rhubarb to add flavor to a basic yellow cake and to the buttercream frosting. It also uses strips of rhubarb to decorate the top. It is a beautiful cake.



The only issue I had with the recipe was that my 2 lbs of rhubarb did not produce the 4 cups sliced rhubarb called for in the recipe, so the frosting was a little short. While the rhubarb taste in the frosting would have been that much stronger if I'd had the called for amount, it was still quite tasty.



My family had mixed emotions about the cake. My daughter and one son were not fans, but my other son called it one of the best cakes he'd ever had. I loved it. I definitely need to spend more time baking with this summertime fruit.





Each month The Cake Slice Bakers are offered a selection of cakes from the current book we are baking through.  This year it is The Perfect Cake from America's Test Kitchen #atkcake.  We each choose one cake to bake, and then on the 20th - never before - we all post about our cake on our blogs. There are a few rules that we follow, but the most important ones are to have fun and enjoy baking & eating cakes!

Follow our Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest pages where you can find all of our cakes, as well as inspiration for many other cakes. You can also click on the thumbnail pictures below to take you to each of our cakes, or visit our blog where the links are updated each month. If you are interested in joining The Cake Slice Bakers and baking along with us, please send an email to thecakeslicebakers at gmail dot com for more details.


The choices this month were Old-Fashioned Chocolate Layer Cake, Rhubarb Ribbon Cake, Lavender Tea Cakes with Vanilla Glaze, and Summer Peach Cake.


get the InLinkz code

Comments

  1. Nicely done! Now this is one cake I’ve never tried! Going to have to get brave and attempt the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I was hoping someone would do this cake. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I even looked at the comments my first thought was I was hoping someone would bake this one - I'm twinning with Susan. You did an outstanding job with the cake, and thanks for the heads-up about needing more rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful cake and the ribbon on top is just perfect! I think that rhubarb is one of those fruits that you either love or really don't enjoy, so glad that one son liked it a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers