Swiss Hazelnut Cake - #TheCakeSliceBakers

For this month's Cake Slice Bakers bake, I selected the Swiss Hazelnut Cake.  It has two layers with ground hazelnuts mixed into the batter and filled and frosted with a delicious frosting made in part with marshmallow cream and hazelnut liqueur. Bittersweet chocolate covers the outside.  The instructions say to use a food processor to shave the chocolate.  I don't own a food processor, so I chopped the chocolate.



In general, I was pretty happy with this cake.  The cake was tasty and moist, and I really liked the texture with the ground hazelnuts.  The frosting was also good, though a little sweet, but it completely lacked hazelnut flavor.  Also, I think the cake would have been better overall if the chocolate had been sandwiched in between the layers to better cut the sweetness of the frosting.





get the InLinkz code


Each month The Cake Slice Bakers are offered a selection of cakes from the current book we are baking through.  This year it is The Perfect Cake from America's Test Kitchen #atkcake.  We each choose one cake to bake, and then on the 20th - never before - we all post about our cake on our blogs. There are a few rules that we follow, but the most important ones are to have fun and enjoy baking & eating cakes!

Follow our Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest pages where you can find all of our cakes, as well as inspiration for many other cakes. You can also click on the thumbnail pictures below to take you to each of our cakes, or visit our blog where the links are updated each month. If you are interested in joining The Cake Slice Bakers and baking along with us, please send an email to thecakeslicebakers at gmail dot com for more details.


The choices this month were Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, Chocolate-Beet Cupcakes, Rainbow Cake, and Swiss Hazelnut Cake.

Comments

  1. Looks like a great cake, and I'd love a slice now. I'd love to try this but I still have vivid memories of the blisters I got last time I trying to shell hazelnuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I bought the hazelnuts already shelled, otherwise I probably would have baked a different cake.

      Delete
  2. That cake slice looks delicious! Love the crumb of the cake! Chocolate hazelnut sounds fabulous for the filling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate and hazelnuts are a great flavor pairing and I'm sure I would love this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers