Blitz Torte - #TheCakeSliceBakers

This month the Cake Slice Bakers continue to bake from The Perfect Cake by American Test Kitchen.  This book is not yet available, but we've been granted permission to bake and post a few months before publication.  Based on the cakes I've baked so far, I can't wait for this book to arrive in my mail.

This month, I had a hard time choosing.  The Boston Cream cupcakes definitely sounded like something my family would enjoy, and I'm always looking for a good cupcake recipe.  The Bananas Foster Cake sounded like all kinds of yumminess (and will definitely make an appearance on our table sometime in the next few months).  The Chocolate-Espresso Dacquoise sounds amazing, but I was afraid it would be more than I could manage this month.  So the Blitz Torte it was, and what a good choice!  It was not over-complicated, I had no problems with the recipe, and my family did their best to gobble it up in one night - thankfully they failed so I could have a second piece the next morning.

The base for the cake is a yellow cake topped with meringue and sprinkled with sliced almonds.  I could not find sliced almonds in either store I went into, so I used slivered instead.


Layered between both cakes was a lemon-flavored whipped cream and raspberries.


It tasted even better than it looks.  I was concerned about how it would hold up overnight, as the instructions said to eat within two hours of assembly, but I covered and refrigerated the leftovers, and it was still standing sturdy the next day.







Each month The Cake Slice Bakers are offered a selection of cakes from the current book we are baking through.  This year it is The Perfect Cake from America's Test Kitchen #atkcake.  We each choose one cake to bake, and then on the 20th - never before - we all post about our cake on our blogs. There are a few rules that we follow, but the most important ones are to have fun and enjoy baking & eating cakes!

Follow our Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest pages where you can find all of our cakes, as well as inspiration for many other cakes. You can also click on the thumbnail pictures below to take you to each of our cakes, or visit our blog where the links are updated each month. If you are interested in joining The Cake Slice Bakers and baking along with us, please send an email to thecakeslicebakers at gmail dot com for more details.

The choices this month were Chocolate-Espresso Dacquoise, Blitz Torte, Bananas Foster Cake, and Boston Cream Cupcakes.

Comments

  1. This looks delicious! I had no idea what a Blitz Torte was and I'm happy to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful cake! Love how well your filling looks...not to stiff, but not too soupy either and filled with raspberries...yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers