Lemon and Almond Streamliner Cake

This month for my Cake Slice Bakers bake, I could choose from any of the books they had baked from in the past.  As this is my first year with this group, I had do some investigating (much to my family's excitement).  I requested several of the books from our public library and started testing cakes.  Ultimately, I settled on the Lemon and Almond Streamliner cake from Vintage Cakes.



I baked this cake twice, once for a work function and again for my husband's birthday.  It was a huge hit both times.  The almond cake would be delicious all on it's own, as would the lemon custard topping.  Combined, the cake tickles all the right parts of my tastebuds.




Comments

  1. That looks soooo moist and delicious. Will have to try this one. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked long and hard at this one because it got rave reviews in the review section of the book at Amazon. It's going on my "to-do" list - looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this cake when we baked it! Merry Christmas to you and your family, and Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake looks lovely! I need to check out this book!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is probably one of my favorite cakes that I have made whilst baking with the Cake Slice Baker's, and I love Vintage Cakes by Julie Richardson. You did an amazing job with it, and I am now craving this cake again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I loved this recipe! Such a delicious cake! This book is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vintage Cakes was my second choice to bake from and I will have to try this recipe. It looks delicious! Happy New Year and I'm looking for to another fun year of baking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers