Hummingbird Cake


Time for another bake from the Cake Slice Bakers.  We're still baking from "World Class Cakes" by by Roger Pizey. This month our choices were
  1. Olive Oil Cake with Fresh Peaches p.83
  2. Hummingbird Cake p.34
  3. M’hanncha p.234
  4. Oliver Peyton’s Strawberry and Marjoram Cream Tart p.250

They were all tempting options, especially the Olive Oil Cake but I've been wanting to try a Hummingbird Cake for a long time, so it was really an easy decision for me.  I found the recipe easy to follow.  I did substitute 1 can of drained pineapple for the fresh pineapple, and the cake still came out quite moist and flavorful.  

The recipe calls for a cream cheese which I found a little sweet for the cake.  We all liked the taste of the cream cheese with the cake, so I might try to make it with a little less sugar next time.  I also added unsweetened coconut to the top, and I think that might have been good in between the layers.





The cake was very moist and a great texture and flavor.  My family gobbled it up.  It will definitely be added to our regular rotation of cakes.




get the InLinkz code <!-- end InLinkz script →

Comments

  1. Love that you also baked this in three layers, luscious!! I so need to bake me a Hummingbird cake (actually my first choice!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious... another one that I really want to try. I've never made a Hummingbird cake before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cake! I should have baked this instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally nailed this cake! It looks fantastic and look at those beautiful layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hummingbird cake still on my to do list! Every time I see it made I tell myself I'm going to get to it soon, I still I procrastinate! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry-Rhubarb Rouleau with Lemon Buttercream

Raspberry Clafoutis #CakeSliceBakers

Breton Butter Almond Cake #CakeSliceBakers